Monday 11 July 2016

July isn't really heart month is it?

But it is for me. Since I acquired some new heart moulds (my old one is dying a slow death) I went a little crazy with using up leftover bits of soap to make new ones.

It's hard to see the colouring since I still haven't gotten around to getting super clear soap, but you get the idea.

Kinda hard to see in this one, but there are 3 hearts inside the big one. The red background makes it hard to see the yellow heart.

This one shows I need to work on my embed, clear portion and photography. It's supposed to be 3 hearts  but the middle one, which is yellow, gets kinda lost. Kinda like a lot of middle children, right? 

This one is my favourite, partly because you can see the hearts more clearly (even with my bad photography job) and I like the white background seeing off the clear red portion.

Have a lovely week!

4 comments:

  1. Lots of pretty soaps, the middle one is my favorite. I really like the yellow glow behind the mini heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! My photography is still in need of improvement, but I agree, the second one definitely seems to show off the hearts the best.

      Delete
  2. Those soaps look like the jelly teddys I used to eat as a child! Same colours, same transparent aspect. Your clear base is great! You are going to achieve plenty of new ideas...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well as long as no one tries to take a bite. :D I'm learning to use the bases I have a bit better, not heat them to such high temperatures to keep it more clear for instance. I'm glad you have confidence in me, Mme. Propre, it keeps me going.

      Delete