Monday 13 June 2016

Another experiment using the wrong bases


But this time, I'm quite happy with the results. Those soapers who've been using suspension bases create the most beautiful designs, and while this isn't the same, it's not bad.

I used my usual guest (or in my case, experiment) sized loaf mould, and even though I thought I had divided the amount of soap correctly, I forgot to factor in the fact that not all the soap comes out of the container...ever. So these turned out smaller than I was expecting, but they still look cool. And you remember the flowers from a couple of weeks ago, right?

I took the advice of some other MP soapers and used leftover coroplast as my dividers. Next time, I'll have to remember to wrap them in plastic wrap, otherwise soap seeps into the crevices. The soap set up a little quicker than I wanted, partly because I'm still learning how to use Stephenson's bases properly, partly because when you heat the soap too many times, it tends to harden a little quicker each time. So I didn't get to make the swirls as nice as I wanted, but I think it still came out pretty cool looking.











Have a great week everyone!


4 comments:

  1. That's a pretty cool effect! And making small soaps is a good thing for little party favors and guest bathroom soaps. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! It did turn out better than expected, considering I don't have suspension bases. Yes, small soaps are good for giveaways at craft fairs as incentive to buy more. ;)

      Delete
  2. Those soaps are so Frenchie! I like the effect you to got in your base. Uneven swirled stripes. I did not known there were several types of MP soap bases... I thought only the colours varied! A whole new world to discover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was luck that they turned out rather interesting. Yes, the MP world has gone in different directions; so much to try, so little time and money to do it all. :D

      Delete