Monday 5 October 2015

Moulds, moulds everywhere

Like most soapers, I like to try and see mould possibilities in everything. This time, it was the husband who brought this to my attention and thought it'd make for a good soap mould. I couldn't agree more.

The first one I made was done with some leftover soaps which I'd heated too high, so that wasn't worth including here. These ones turned out much better. Both are scented with peppermint cocoa FO from Crafter's Choice. I figured that's a good gender neutral scent.



Do you see soap in pretty much everything in your daily life?

Have a great week!

12 comments:

  1. No, I see faces everywhere...LOL! This turned out super cute and cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you don't see dead people Teresa. :D I really like this one, it was simple but yet can be seen as being very functional. :)

      Delete
  2. Monica, this is such a funny soap! You make your own moulds. You are so patient! I do not have this rich imagination. When I see moulds,cannot even imagine whether the soap will look good or not...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madame Propre! It's a curse of MP soapers I think we try and look at everything as whether it's mould worthy or not because it's hard to make the beautiful designs that CP soapers make.

      Delete
  3. Such an awesome idea! I didn't realize that first one was a soap, I thought maybe it was your guide for making a soap. Wow! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! It is an easy to make soap, but I think it's one that many people would like.

      Delete
  4. Wow, this looks so real! Yes, it happens to me too to see soap everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nat! You are such a creative person I think you'd see art wherever you look.

      Delete
  5. Oh, how cute, Monica! I love the mouse soap. It would make a great novelty gift! Being able to make your own molds creates a lot of possibilities. I also like going to the baking section of a craft or kitchen store and checking out the silicone molds there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I love that the mouse soap is easy but still unique. I also look at all the silicone moulds whenever I go shopping, it's hard not to look for moulds all the time.

      Delete