Sunday 4 May 2014

Bold Blocks of Colour

Sounds more like a fashion statement doesn't it? "This season, designers are going with big blocks of colour. See it everywhere, men, women, even dog apparel."

In this case, the big blocks are literally, big blocks. Building blocks, that is. My lovely sister sent me her building block mould, which is fabulous! It definitely makes a statement, and I can almost hear the ad for it in my head:  (deep male voice, like the ones they use for truck commercials) "These building block soaps are made for big boys who need to get clean, and don't want to use girly soaps with floral scents."





I used BB's Mango and Melon FO for two of the soaps and  Crafter's Choice Morning Rain and Sun Ripened Cherries FO on the other two. I think they're gender neutral enough scents, don't you?





For perspective
Speaking of men, I had to kick this guy out of the lightbox before I could use it.

"Make sure you get my good side, okay?"

As an aside, after taking so many photos of the blocks, trying to figure out the right angle and all, they started to remind me of family portraits. Not necessarily my family, but they all seemed to be looking in all different directions, strutting poses, and acting goofy. I think I need to get out and socialize more, these voices in my head are doing way too much talking. :P

Have a great week.

18 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Honestly, I'd rather talk to Mr Potato head's voice than most other people. ;)

    So glad you like the mold! Those are fabulous colors you used on them and the scents sound yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah but you know, that Brooklyn accent is kinda grating after a while. ;)

      I *love* the mould! It really makes for a nice dramatic soap in terms of size. Manly yes, but I like it too. :) The scents are great in that they're not too fruity or floral, just very clean smelling.

      Delete
  2. That is a great mold! Are those little lego people too? So cute! The colors are awesome and the scent choice is perfect. Kids will love it!

    You've turned Mr. Potato Head into a Supermodel. lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great? Teresa had fabulous stuff and I'm so grateful to her for being so generous. Yep, little LEGO people. Maybe if I make enough LEGO blocks, I can use them and the LEGO people to recreate a scene of the pyramids being built. :D I certainly hope kids big and small will love the soap.

      Mr. Potato Head has always been a supermodel, he just needed the stage to strut around on. ;)

      Delete
  3. Big, bold and beautiful! Now I also want a mold like that. :)
    Lucky you to have a such a supportive and sweet sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could probably find one fairly easily in Asia right? I do have the best sister ever! You've got your wonderful supportive mother-in-law so we both are lucky.

      Delete
    2. I have never seen such a mold here, neither in Amazon where you can find almost everything. They have Lego ice molds but too small for soap. Yes, we're both very lucky. :)

      Delete
    3. I love Amazon too. Between that, Pinterest and blogs I follow, I could waste an entire lifetime. You're right, we are extremely lucky. :)

      Delete
  4. Oooo, this is good! Do they work? I mean as blocks, can you play with them? Boys love Lego, luckily they can have only one at a time!
    The colours are marvelous, so striking and clear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, they don't have the holes in the bottom to fit into each other, but I'm sure that won't stop some boys from trying. ;) My nephews are huge into LEGOs which is why, I think, my sister bought this mould in the first place.

      THank you, I like the colours for being more classic,but maybe I should be more modern and see what other colours LEGO blocks come in nowadays.

      Delete
    2. What sad you can not build them, i am a big fan of these molds too( i tried to make these lego's soap but i didn't have the mold, so mine were a disaster!). What sweet of your sister to have bought for your this lovely mold! Love the soaps, Monica!

      Delete
    3. I think I could make them build able if I had a second mould that I could put on top, to make the indents for them to fit. How did you make your LEGO soaps Nat? That sounds like it'd have been quite the challenge.

      Yeah I have the best sister ever. =)

      Delete
  5. Soaps look so grate, perfect colors and shape. I like the mold! I can imagine that it can be used for some exfoliation/ massage soaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a wonderful mould, only made more so because it's silicone. I'm seriously wanting to switch over to silicone moulds only because I am impatient when I'm pulling the soaps out of the mould.

      That's another great idea for this mould, thanks!

      Delete
  6. Cute block soaps, Monica! I like the Lego men, too. That's a great mold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Yeah I think the whole LEGO ensemble would be a great hit with kids of all ages.

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, what a cute mold and the soaps turned out adorable. The colors are perfect. Kids (and big kids too!) will love these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cee. Yes, LEGOs are huge with all ages.

      Delete