Sunday 30 March 2014

Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall

♪All you have to do is call, and Ill be there, yes I will, you've got a friend ♫.

Okay now that I've got that song stuck in your head as well as mine, I'm happy.

Maja of Diva Soap said my soaps last week looked like the seasons, except I was missing spring.
So, I tried to do a spring like soap with leftovers I had. Leftovers I find, aren't like what you have for leftovers in CP soaps. Mine aren't chunks, they're the stuff I scrape off the bottom of the measuring cup or mould. If it's big enough pieces, sometimes they curl nicely, most times they're only good for re-melting.

Making the "spring" soap was more like playing in The Three Bears' house.

The first one was too dark, not like the emergence of spring.

I really have to work on my colour layering so I don't have to turn it sideways to see the layers.


The next one was too abstract.
What is that? A fish and a flower? No seriously, what is that? You're serious? What drugs were you on? None? Wow.

This one is most spring-like, but it doesn't match the other three soaps from last week. I'm going to have to try something different.

Kind of reminds me of a butterfly. A la the Simpson's 3 eyed fish type butterfly but still.
And for good measure, because I had soap left and was still trying to work on matching up pieces

From this angle, looks like someone (or something) committed starfishcide, so here's a better angle.


So here they are, the four seasons soap. Or Vivaldi as I like to call them. ;)




Happy spring everyone. It may not feel like it everywhere, but it's official. Have a great week.



15 comments:

  1. "What drug were you on?" Hahahaha!! You must wash your hands a million times a day just to use up all your experiments.

    Congrats on getting a good set going though! Just in time for spring shows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was called "Frustratus." Or was the the spell that was cast in one of the Harry Potter books? :P You know that's a great idea! I do wash my hands a lot, but being at work, I use their industrial soaps which I think is leaving my hands very dried out. I should take a bar to work and leave it in the bathroom.

      Oh crap, I have to sign up, thanks for the reminder.

      Delete
  2. Those are some pretty leftovers. You crack me up... just think of all the possibilities if you were ON drugs. LOL!

    I know you don't care for the first one but I really like the dark blue, it makes the flower pop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to mix a bunch of different coloured soaps together for the butterfly effect. ;) Hey maybe I should try some drugs, although it'd probably affect me like alcohol does. After THE Incident, you know how long it was until I could look at gin again? ;)

      I'm glad you like the flower with the blue Michelle. It's just too dark to be a spring soap, IMO.

      Delete
  3. Funny post =) I think they all look great. Super creative =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne-Marie. I think my personality with the bigger funny bone did the ghost writing. ;) Thanks for the compliment, your projects are a huge inspiration to me.

      Delete
  4. Great-looking soaps, Monica! They are all pretty, but I think that the butterfly looks the most like spring, too. Happy spring to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! They were a good way to use up some of the leftovers I have and like Teresa said, I now have something new to show off for spring craft fairs.

      Delete
  5. Love them grouped together as 4 seasons! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silvia, I do too, actually makes it look like I accomplished something. ;D

      Delete

  6. You never stop being funny, right? Good for your f&f, they can always call you for a good round of laugh!
    I'm glad you liked the idea of four seasons and having Vivaldi in soap is another artistic view of the theme.
    They all are pretty and the one you chose for the group picture is maybe the most spring-like (starfish tends to be more on the summer side).
    I'm really flattered you liked my idea, Monica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fine line between funny and weird right Maja? ;) Friends, family and my other personalities (although I wish my other personalities were nearly as nice as my f&f's). I tend to blog with my outside voice, in other words, no filter. :P

      You're right, the starfish evokes more summertime than spring. I need to do a cherry blossom to have the spring theme. You always have wonderful ideas Maja, and thank you so much for sharing them.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vivaldi soaps! They look so good grouped together, Monica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nat! Things look better when grouped, especially flowers (as I look out at my single solitary daffodil).

      Delete