Friday 11 January 2013

Where's the nearest chapter of Procrastinator's Anonymous?

I like to think it's still early in the year, I have plenty of time to work on my "to do" list (not New Year's resolutions), but it zips by so quickly! Chinese New Year's coming up as is my nephew's birthday and then before you know it, it's going to be spring craft fairs.

I know I can't make one craft fair already because I'll be visiting my sister (yippee!!!) but I still need to keep an eye out for other craft fairs, just to make sure I keep pushing myself.

I haven't done a single thing on my website despite best intentions. Anyone else have problems with work getting in the way of doing what you want? And I can't approach the companies I want to talk to unless I have my website running a little more properly.

Then there are those things disguised as useful for business:  Twitter and Facebook. I don't use them for business much, more to hook up with friends and catch up on what's going on in their lives. Bad, bad me.

So, how are you doing with your New Year's resolutions? Have you accomplished everything on your list, or are you like me and working towards your Ph.D. in procrastination?


7 comments:

  1. Your post titles always make me chuckle Monica! I tried to not to put too much on my list, that way I will feel happy and surprised when I actually accomplish something! ;D Good luck with your list, maybe you just work better under pressure?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cee! I thought about being a comedian, but my day job paid better. ;) Actually, I think I'm like a magician, distracting you from the truth and making you focus on something else. Or maybe I'm more like a pickpocket. ;P

      You accomplish so much I'm very much in awe of the wonderful soaps you make. You're smart not to overwhelm yourself with a to do list. I'm afraid I don't work well under pressure, I panic and run around like a chicken with its head cut off, but thanks!

      Delete
  2. I have my PhD in procrastination already, is there a degree above that cuz I think I am working on that one. Lol!

    Where did you get that image? Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they need to start giving out prizes for those of us who excel in procrastination, you know, really make it worth our while.

      I believe I got that picture from Pinterest, it's becoming the new Google images.

      Delete
  3. Double yippee!! about your visiting me! I'm not going to talk about resolutions this year so I won't say how they're going. ;) I like the image too!

    And for Michelle, there is not degree above a Ph.D. but you are now qualified to teach procrastination at the university level..if you get around to it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to visit, good food great company! You were smart not to make resolutions, I find they only lead to disappointment, like panning for gold. The image is funny, isn't it?

      Hahaha! Teaching procrastination could be tough, students may not show up to class on time, or ever.

      Delete
    2. Haha! I could totally do that. Professor of procrastination. That is totally me :D

      Delete