Friday 24 August 2012

Update

Remember how a few weeks ago, I had made some alphabet letters for a potential client? She got the package in the mail (I was so nervous the soaps would melt in the sweltering heat) and after a few days she got back to me.

Her subject line? Beautiful soaps! I couldn't have been more excited to read that. She requested a total of 425 letters in bubble gum pink, cerulean blue, dark chocolate brown and black. Thank goodness I had picked up some bubblegum mica from Brambleberry a while back.

The hardest part of this is to wrap each letter individually because she'll be using it to spell out the kids' names, but it will be worth it. It just means I will get better and faster as time goes on right? And with luck this will lead to making soaps for other businesses looking for something extra to complement their main product.







6 comments:

  1. Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Such great news! I'm really happy for you! It will be so fun for kids to spell out their name with the soaps and Christmas isn't too far off - perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I certainly wouldn't have gotten this far without the support of my friends. So thank you for everything.

      Delete
  2. Ditto what Michelle said!

    Hooray!!! I knew a good breakthrough would come through perseverance!

    Good luck with figuring out to package the letters. Maybe post your question to TeachSoap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perserverance and lots of good advice from you, not to mention all your help by getting me started in the first place.

      I'm wrapping the soaps best I can and heat shrinking them. I'll just have to tell them to be very careful with the soaps since they are so fragile.

      Delete
    2. I never really thought of them as fragile but they are heat and humidity sensitive.

      Delete
    3. They are when you have to wrap each letter individually.

      Delete